Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Tete!


This is my little sister Yvette with Peyton and Sommer. She is turning 29 tomorrow. When I was in high school she still had straps on her uniform. She would run to my classroom during recess, stand at the door and yell "Hi ate!". I didn't know it then, but she would become my best friend and I would have the privilege of pseudo-mothering her then watching her become a mommy herself. We've been through a lot and have the battle scars to prove it. I wish for our girls what we have.
Hey Betso - Happy Birthday!

Here's to all the habits we picked up from mom that we'll never be able to shake,
Hoping we never develop dad's dreaded bugged out eyes look that made us tremble so,
Always finishing each other's thoughts, never mind words, they are overrated,
And knowing no matter what comes, sisters will always be there.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boni: I never knew Yvette (SVES teacher) was your sister?! Man, truly small world (or island). That's so cool! Well, she has the same birthday as a good friend of mine. Happy Birthday Yvette.

Bon said...

Yeah, she's my little blister, I mean...:)