Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My brother's children

A picture of my brother Dwaine's two kids, DJ and Bunny. We hadn't spoken to one another for over ten years. I think I can say that, it's enough of a miracle that we are on good terms at all. Divorce ravages families in so many ways. Dwaine and I were only toddlers (um, I was a toddler, he was just a babe) when we were split up. It's amazing how one journey ends and another one begins.

We have so much in common, and it's easy to say that I love him though I barely know him. When I see this picture of his two little kids, half of his four children, I want to cry. I wish we could turn back the hands of time and grow up together again. But, this second chance is enough. It's the opportunity of a lifetime. I embrace that.

No comments: