Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Alex, do like this!

Bruce says Sommer could maybe teach Alex some manners, to which I try as hard as possible to contain my guffaw.  Although we have managed to get her to say please and thank you on occasion, Sommer is no Miss Manners.  Lovely and sweet, with a ready kiss for everyone and very sticky-warm-yummy hugs, Sommer is also a force to be reckoned with.  

The guests at our new year's party got a taste of Sommer's great stubborness last week.  It took several tries and a few clumps of food spit onto the patio floor before she conceded to eat (which means chew and swallow) a few bites of food that night.  I want dessert!  I hate rice!  I was exhausted, but did not give way, even when she announced in front of family and friends, Aw mom, I don't love you!  So Bruce, it will be an interesting play date.  If Alex is anything like Sommer, they'll be scoping one another out like The Matrix for a few minutes and then we'll see. 

1 comment:

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Well, I think it is a great idea to unleash thenm on each other. They may cancel out to become sweetly smiling cherubs innocently going about their play (which would be a change from destroying everythiong in his path which appears to be Alexander's current reason for being). (:-))

Lets get together for a family beach weekend.