Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It seemed cool at the time

You don't have to pull my leg to get a Grease tune out of me. I'm hardly embarrassed to admit that I know all the lyrics to Grease and Grease 2 by heart. Yes, they are swimming in my head, always waiting for the perfect opportunity to belt out an appropriate chorus. Or two. I own a pink ladies jacket ya know?


I assumed foolishly that they would forever remain the epitome of cool musicals. Alas, High School Musical now threatens to shove my beloved Stephanie and Michael off their musical thrones. I suppose all things come full circle.

One thing. I don't ever remember Steph and Michael being as corny as Gabriella and Troy. Oh, come on! Dancing around a piano doesn't hold a candle to watching uber-nerd come flying through the bowling alley in his souped up motorcycle. "Whoo, oooh, who's that guy?"


Don't forget to de-lurk!

3 comments:

Saipan Kat said...

Last Year, I brought the magic mic to my classroom as a center activity and the first kid who was courageous enough to sing chose "Summer Nights." I couldn't believe it! Soon half of the class knew the song... Grease is a classic!

Bon said...

Oh Kat, I'm such a Sandy and Steph wanna-be. I did Sandra Dee for the staff christmas party! I so totally don't belong in this era, oh well...

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Look at me,
I'm Sandra Dee,
Lousy with virginity.

Yes, it is a great musical.


Lurk, Lurk.