Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Pisces Anniversary


At 12, I wanted to be a judge. That was probably because I wanted to get back at all the people who refused to see me as I really was. At 13, I went through an identity crisis and reinvented myself. Not being too audacious, I changed the spelling of my name, hence the lack of the double "n" and "e". Cheeky huh? At 18, I felt like the world was my oyster -- soon thereafter, the stench proved real. At 21, I was in love with two men - a new husband and a gorgeous new son. Life has pretty much been a whirlwind since then. Four kids later and a real job under my belt, I find myself entering reluctantly into true adulthood (whatever that means). Eeeeh, maybe. I turn 36 in a couple of weeks. I have a gray eyebrow hair, the thunder and lightning evidence of childbirth on my belly and my own checkbook to prove it. Julia Roberts is excited about turning 40. Good for her, I'm terrified. I'm inching my way there, but for now, I take a ride on that beautiful ship of D'Nile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the happiness that you so rightfull deserve. I Miss you!!