Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Peyton: There are so many flavors going on in my mouth...

This is what the sky looked like when I woke up today. It is this view, the cool breeze and the smell of flowers in the front lawn that keeps me outside on the porch.

Peyton decided she'd like to make pork dumplings for dinner last night. Dinner takes quite a bit longer when your sous chef is 7 years old and her assistant is 3, but it's definitely worth the wait.



The compromise: goutie (fried dumplings) for the stubby fingered eater. Peyton's specialty which she learned from her Godmother and my cousin, Char.

We saved some dumplings for a soup to compliment the rainy and cold weather outside. Light broth, mushrooms, pechay, lobster bits, eggplants, pork dumplings and onions & garlic. Everyone agreed, dinner was worth the wait. I think Peyton has some potential, I may just offer her a contract.
One thing never changes in Papago. After dinner there is a strange phenomenon that occurs right before it is time to clear the table and wash the dishes. The children go missing.

****************************************************
In other totally random and awesome news:

What? You don't believe?
Deece made me mango jam! Well, I officially
won the jam because I'm a good guesser, but still...
Deece made me some yumdeliscrumptuous mango jam.
I need a pedicure. Badly
What? You didn't believe me?!

5 comments:

bigsoxfan said...

Boni's back. We've missed Sommy and Peyton. Glad to see the family, Can't you get a deal on the toes? Maybe a family price? Bayatla and Sain Bainu from UB.

Anonymous said...

happy easter boni.

Marianas Pride said...

So when are u inviting us for dinner? Looks delicious Bon! Great job Peyton!

Anonymous said...

ok boni...yes time for that pedicure. go and pamper yourself.
cp

Bon said...

Yes, we are back. The kids and I are creating some new routines. Everyone's invited to dinner!! Ed and Dais: bring the kids by and we'll cook you up a good homemade meal. Cat, sister, girlfriend, it completely melts my heart to know that my friends can send those heartwarming sentiments from across the ocean. Take care girl, miss you. Mark: I got the toes done! It's my one indulgence really= pretty toes.