Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning

 It says: Easter Bunny, will you come if I sleep in the living room? Sincerely, Sommer
 
First thing I heard this morning was Wayne whispering to a sad voice saying, "the Easter Bunny didn't come."  After assuring Sommer that he had surely been here the night before the happy search began. Peyton and Sommer went through the house eager to find baskets full of treats. That was my cue to get up and capture the memories. I know we will be doing this for a long time, even after the kids are all grown.  It's too early to think of it, but my heart leaps at the thought of playing Easter Bunny for grandchildren one day or watching as my own children carry on the tradition. Two out of four kids still wake up to look for hidden treasure.  When we get older we forget that the dawning of the day brings renewed hope.  But? What if we all woke up like Peyton and Sommer every day?  What if we all woke up in anticipation, with the promise of something new and beautiful? 
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  ~Matthew 19:14

No comments: