Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
  • "Mothers ofteenagers know why animals eat their young." - Author Unknown
  • "I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." - Phyllis Diller
  • "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found." - Calvin Trillin
  • "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." - Tenneva Jordan
  • "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." - Chinese Proverb
  • "You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." - William D. Tammeus.
  • "My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it." - Buddy Hackett
  • "Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease." - LisaAlther
  • "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." - Mark Twain

No comments: