Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One more piece of land up for grabs

Yay! I got a call from the Marianas Land Corp. (I think that was them) telling me that the application I filled out when I graduated from high school, the one for homestead was finally being considered (ahem) almost 20 years later. The nice gentleman told me that all I needed to do was give them a copy of my driver's license. Boo! My grandparents gave me some land before they passed away; after I'd waited ten years for the homestead program to come through. (sigh) I told them to close my file and find someone else who could use the land. If you need some homestead you can run over and fill out an application because there's one more piece of land up for grabs. No need to rush though. Trust me.

9 comments:

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Aw, how thoughtful of you.

kirida said...

That's great. Maybe when I'm ready to retire I'll get my own piece of land.

Angelo Villagomez said...

Kudos to you for being honest.

Angelo Villagomez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tamara said...

Shucks Darn! I wish you could have given it to me..I've lived here 36 years and I still can't own a grain of sand..*sigh*

Friends of the Mariana Trench said...

You can own a grain of sand if it is on the second floor.

KelliOnSaipan said...

After 20 years, you should have kept it. Maybe you'll get lucky and article XII will be changed and you can sell it. Ok, yeah, I know, only after another 50 or 60 years, right?

Bon said...

It was meant for those who have no claim. I was fortunate enough to receive such a generous gift and now my family lives on our land. It will go to someone who needs a place to build a home. Hopefully soon.

1nce a week... said...

You are generous. I'm glad someone finally took the time to go through the pile of applications to finally give you your long awaited answer. Its like you won a new car!