Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

The finest inheritance a parent can give his children is his time.

For my children: 
You may not be able to leave your children a great inheritance, but day by day, you may be weaving coats for them which they will wear for all eternity. (Theodore Cuyler)
There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children.  One of these is roots, the other, wings.  (Hodding Carter)
 

You may give me nothing during your life, but you promise to provide for me at your death.  If you are not a fool, you know what I wish for! (Marcus Valerius Martial)
A person can recieve nothing except be given him from heaven. (Holy Bible)

Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. (Ruth E. Renkel)
An infinitude of tenderness is the chief gift and inheritance of all truly great men. (John Ruskin)
I would rather make my name than inherit it. (William M. Thackeray)







No comments: